Saturday, April 4, 2009

Spring Break: Rosy-fingered dawn

I have taken my class past their comfort level, they have engaged in the design process, entering fully into not knowing.  They have taken the first steps toward building the habits of mind to redesign information in ways that are meaningful, personal and directed toward to human communication.  The beginnings of journeys are filled with hope, the promise of reaching toward something as yet intangible... In the middle, I can not see either shore, the destination is obscured by the fog, it is easy to become less sure of the outcome. 

In the night, I have a dream, I wake to pull up the hand break at the side of my bed. 

It is my job to know some things and move the students to where they can see it themselves and move toward it on their own. The first independent steps must be taken by the students alone. 

This week, I will begin  to analyze the working sheets and thumbnails etc from Meaning by Design.  

No comments:

Post a Comment